Conflicts of Interest
State law (Chapter 176 of the Local Government Code) requires the disclosure of certain relationships between local government officers and businesses.
The law requires disclosures describing certain business and gift giving relationships, if any, that an individual or business may have with board members, certain ATP employees, and other elected/appointed officials.
The law applies to:
- businesses and individuals who contract with the agency,
- businesses and individuals who seek to contract with the agency, (regardless of whether a bidder is awarded the contract), and
- agents who represent such businesses in their business dealings with the agency.
A copy of the law is available.
- The forms for reporting are available.
Local Government Officers Conflict Disclosure Statement Filings
Members of the ATP board of directors, the Executive Director and certain agency employees are required to file conflicts disclosure statements under the law as well.
- Board Member: Tony Elkins
If you have any questions about compliance, please consult your own legal counsel. Compliance is the individual responsibility of each individual, business, and agent who is subject to the law's filing requirement.
If you are required to file a Conflict of Interest Questionnaire, you should file with ATP by mailing the completed form to the Record's Management Officer at:
ATP Records Management
attn: Lynn M. Trumbul
Records Management Officer
301 Congress Avenue, 10th Floor
Austin, TX 78701